[syslinux] ROSH: Status

Liu Aleaxander aleaxander at gmail.com
Fri Jun 18 10:42:32 PDT 2010

On Fri, Jun 18, 2010 at 11:00 PM, Gene Cumm <gene.cumm at gmail.com> wrote:
> Just a status update on my progress with ROSH: I now have it able to
> compile as a COM32 and Linux ELF on the pathbased branch.  The main
> reason I am using the Linux ELF is to test and compile a little easier
> and faster.  At this point, it's approaching a stable, usable state.
>
> However, it depends on some changes to libutil, the main COM32
> library, and the Syslinux core.  I think I have the libutil changes
> done (Linux terminal behavior).  The COM32 library still needs changes
> to return the full file type/mode.  Corresponding changes need to be
> made in the Syslinux core.

Hi Gene,

Where can I check your code? Do you have a syslinux git tree
somewhere? I'm asking
since I plan to port gnu readline lib to syslinux. Well, that's just a
plan in my mind, I don't even
have time so far to do some investigation to check whether it work or
not. So, what's your
new features, or goal on ROSH?

hpa, I remembered KlausM was working on the new command line
interface. What is the status now?

--
Thanks & regards
Liu Aleaxander