[syslinux] Case Insensitive TFTPD

Geert Stappers stappers at stappers.nl
Sat Jun 19 13:59:52 PDT 2010

Op 20100619 om 11:04 schreef Gala Dragos:
> I am trying to do file transfers through tftpd under fedora and I need
> the server to be case insensitive. I could not find any way to achieve
> this! Manual is useless!

Snippet from the manual:
   --mapfile remap-file, -m remap-file
          Specify the use of filename remapping.  The remap-file is a file
          containing  the  remapping  rules.   See the section on filename
          remapping below.  This option may not be compiled  in, see  the
          output  of in.tftpd -V to verify whether or not it is available.

Snippet from the section filename remapping
   i      Match the regex case-insensitively.  By default it is case sen-
          sitive.

> As an example I need to transfer file "foo.ext" even if I request file
> "FOO.Ext" which now spits an error saying that it does not exists. How
> can I do that?

Euh, something like
  ri foo.ext foo.ext
???