[syslinux] ELTORITO.SYS, MEMDISK, MDISKCHK.COM Commits

Miller, Shao shao.miller at yrdsb.edu.on.ca
Sat Jun 19 16:18:28 PDT 2010

H. Peter, three simple commits here[1] (for_hpa branch).

Gert, sample binaries are here[2].

---

    mdiskchk: Add --no-sequential mode

    It might be useful to suppress MDISKCHK.COM's classic behaviour

    of probing all BIOS drive numbers in search of MEMDISKs.  Some
BIOSes

    might not enjoy being probed.

---

    memdisk: Correct El Torito termination response

    Two changes to the INT 0x13, AH=0x7B El Torito function:

    1. Support the DL=0x7F "terminate all" parameter

    2. Only respond to DL=0x7F or DL=our particular emulated drive
number

    This prevents tools like Bart Lagerweij's El Torito tools from

    receiving false positives when probing all drive numbers.

---

    eltorito: Include drive 0xFF in scan

    Although drive 0xFF could yield a false positive as the El Torito

    booted-from drive number, some users of GRUB4DOS actually use

    this drive number, so we should include it in our scan.

---

- Shao Miller

[1]
http://git.zytor.com/?p=users/sha0/syslinux.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/