[syslinux] PXELINUX 3.86 Boots Over HTTP, 4.00 Does Not

H. Peter Anvin hpa at zytor.com
Thu Jun 24 08:04:13 PDT 2010

On 06/24/2010 01:32 AM, Moore, Richard F. wrote:

> Using the latest gPXE git to replace the source in the /gpxe dir, I still get all 0's , thus;
>
> My IP address seems to be 00000000 0.0.0.0
> ip=0.0.0.0:0.0.0.0:0.0.0.0:0.0.0.0

The "free base memory" error is an error, but it's not critical in any way.

The all-zeroes phenomenon is very odd; I cannot reproduce anything like
it.  It seems even more weird that it isn't preventing you from booting.

a) are you modifying the pxe script in any way?  If so, can you send the
complete gPXE script you used?
b) could you obtain a packet trace by any chance (e.g. wireshark)?