[syslinux] Syslinux 4.00-pre59 -- last call for 4.00

Paul Bolle pebolle at tiscali.nl
Fri Jun 25 03:43:40 PDT 2010

On Thu, 2010-06-24 at 14:11 -0700, H. Peter Anvin wrote:
> I have just released Syslinux 4.00-pre59.  This is intended as last call
> for 4.00: from this point on I will only fix showstopper bugs.  Anything
> that didn't make this release will have to wait for 4.01 or 4.10.
>
> Please help test it and report bugs, so we can avoid said showstopper
> bugs in the actual release.  Target date for final release is Monday,
> June 28.

It seems I can't get the mtools based syslinux installer to work anymore
(ie, ldlinux.sys will be installed but - for some reason - I can't reach
the syslinux prompt). All testing done using a qemu VM.

I bisected this down to
    7ebe998 Switch to 64-bit sector pointers everywhere

Does that make any sense?

Paul