[syslinux] problems booting

Thomas Schmitt scdbackup at gmx.net
Mon Jun 28 13:49:31 PDT 2010

Hi,

> i also used ultraiso to convert my iso to udf so i can write it on a bluray
> disc ,

It is well permissible to write an ISO 9660
filesystem to Blu-ray media.
Eventual restrictions of filesystem type apply
to applications (like video) but not to the
media.

> it started to boot and told me that the files were not found

So your BIOS is willing to boot from the media.
Burn the unaltered ISO to media and try to boot
that.

> squashfs file that is bigger than 4 Go .
> because of that i can not use fat32 with usb so i wonder if soon you will
> mkake a new release being able to use NTFS or the new EFAT ?
> [...]
> the syslinux i use is the 3.83

Try to treat the ISO image with script isohybrid,
to copy it to USB pen drive, and to boot from
there.

(I have a 6 year old computer which does not boot
 hybrid ISOs from USB stick. Younger ones do
 fine.)

Have a nice day :)

Thomas