[syslinux] SYSLINUX 4.00 2010-06-28 EDD Load error - Boot error

Helmut Hullen Hullen at t-online.de
Tue Jun 29 14:23:00 PDT 2010

Hallo, H. Peter,

Du meintest am 29.06.10:

> I have checked in a patch into git which should fix this particular
> machine, it would be much appreciated.  I predict that it should just
> work, then; no need to further run the serial port debugging dump.

> A binary is at:

> 	http://www.zytor.com/~hpa/syslinux/isolinux.bin

> Unfortunately the T22 appears to have another problem :(

New messages, other problems:

Good news first: the Thinkpad T23 still boots as wanted.
After a lot of lines beginning with "isolinux" it shows my marvellous
boot menu.

Thinkpad T22:

Many "isolinux: ... " lines, ending:

isolinux: Found something at drive = A0
isolinux: Found something at drive = 9F
Isolinux: Looks reasonable, continuing...
 Copyright ...
EDD: Error reading sector 16
ERROR: No configuration file found

Compaq 686T3:

ISOLINUX 4.01 4.00-6-gf17aca4 ETCDisolinux: Disk error 01, AX=4266, drive 00
(one long line)
Boot failed: press a key to retry

Looks like a serial adventure tomorrow ...

Viele Gruesse!
Helmut