[syslinux] SYSLINUX 4.00 2010-06-28 EDD Load error - Boot error

Helmut Hullen Hullen at t-online.de
Wed Jun 30 09:04:00 PDT 2010

Hallo, Shao,

Du meintest am 30.06.10:

> This error looks to be "Invalid Command" while we perform an INT 0x13
> Extended Read of the ISO9660 Primary Volume Descriptor.  According to
> the EDD-4 draft, table 9, this return value could indicate that the
> requested number of blocks to transfer was invalid; a count above
> 0x7F or possibly zero.

But it only happens on my Thinkpad T22, not on the T23 or T40, not on
the Compaq 686T3 (no - I won't bury out my T20). Is there some
difference in the BIOSes which lead to different behaviour?

And it has worked on the T22 with syslinux 3.84 - what has changed?

(No - I don't need an answer; that are the questions I'd ask if I were a
developper)

Viele Gruesse!
Helmut