[syslinux] pxelinux multiple serial port setting

Kimitoshi Takahashi ktaka at clustcom.com
Mon Mar 1 05:29:36 PST 2010

Hello

We have computers which redirect COM2(ttyS1) to SOL(Searial console Over Lan).
We have been using pxelinux to boot them with the following pxelinux.cfg/default setting.

pxelinux.cfg/default
serial 1 19200
console 1

prompt 0
timeout 100
default menu.c32

label Linux Diskless
      menu label  ^Linux Diskless
      kernel menu.c32
      append pxelinux.cfg/linux.menu

label Bios Setup
      menu label  ^Bios Setup
      kernel menu.c32
      append pxelinux.cfg/biossetup.menu

label Linux Installer
      menu label  Linux ^Installer

Now, recently we bought different computers whose BMC(Baseboard Management Controller) redirect COM3(ttyS2) to
SOL.
We were able to see pxelinux menu with old machines but we can't see them with newer ones.
We want to see pxelinux menu's outputs with both machines.

Is it possible to have pxelinux output both COM2 and COM3 simultaneously ?

Or, is it possible to have pxelinux behave like GRUB, which prompt something like "Press any key to proceed." and after receiving any input, output GRUB's menu only to the device which it received inputs?

Sincerely,
Kimitoshi Takahashi