[syslinux] Dell problems with PXELINUX 3.62

Shao Miller Shao.Miller at yrdsb.edu.on.ca
Tue Mar 2 05:51:42 PST 2010

Lindgren Daniel wrote:

> ...The problem appeared in 3.62-pre7, any later than that and my PXE
> loaded
> (Win98) DOS 7.0 floppy image stops working with complaints about DOS
> memory, I've sent a meminfo dump to HPA. It's probably a combination of
> DOS 7.0 memory management, pxelinux.0 and GX280 that breaks things. If
> you do not use PXELINUX 3.62+ to load a DOS 7.0 image on a GX280 you
> won't have this problem.

I _had_ seen some problems booting certain flavours of DOS MEMDISKs some
time ago, but that's all been corrected in 3.85.  If you want, I'll
test/troubleshoot whatever setup you have...  If there's a problem
still, it would be good to get it resolved.  The fleet of GX280s over
here are expecting to be able to boot PXELINUX along with things such as
DOS disks for BIOS upgrades, utilities, etc.  If you can share your
particular floppy image and remind me of the BIOS revision, I will try
to reproduce.

Thanks,

- Shao Miller