[syslinux] isohybrid: change default offset to 1 to avoidparted troubles

Sven-Hendrik Haase sh at lutzhaase.com
Wed Mar 3 09:09:01 PST 2010

On 02.03.2010 23:23, Gert Hulselmans wrote:
> Sven-Hendrik Haase wrote:
>
>> Strange, as I was *only* able to use the remainder (after resizing using
>> gparted) when I set the offset differently. Else I wouldn't have been
>> able to resize it at all. What's the magic trick here?
>>
>> -- Sven-Hendrik
>>
> Adding a new partition with fdisk and formatting that partition from the
> command line afterwards, works fine.
>
> - Gert Hulselmans

How would you do that? I already stated that I could not use parted to
resize the partition and I know of no other tool capable of resizing the
resulting partition. How do you get the space to even be able to add a
new partition? To be clear, let's say I have my USB key /dev/sdb and
that I'll put my isohybrid image onto it using dd. Now, I'll then have a
recursive partition on itself (default offset 0). How to proceed to add
another partition for persistent storage?