[syslinux] Making tftpd (hpa) firewall frienldy

Jeffrey Hutzelman jhutz at cmu.edu
Thu Mar 4 09:20:28 PST 2010

--On Thursday, March 04, 2010 06:56:08 PM +0200 cgm mgc <999cgm at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hello all,
>
>  Tested on linux 2.6.18 (Centos5) and FreeBSD 7.0.
>
> You would execute it like below (which basically makes tftp reply back
> with same port is listening on )
> tftpd --port-range 69:69 -4 -s /tftpboot/

Did you test what happens if you compile with this option when you're _not_
trying to make all the traffic happen on the tftp port?  I'd expect it to
break the port-selection algorithm some of the time.  For that matter, I
would not expect the usage you describe to work well with multiple
transfers going on at once.

If this is going to go in, I think it needs to be controlled by a runtime
option.  A server that always had the behavior implemented by your patch
would probably not be a good thing.

-- Jeff