[syslinux] Syslinux 3.85 chain.c32 problem solved

H. Peter Anvin hpa at zytor.com
Fri Mar 5 11:25:33 PST 2010

Thanks to debugging information from Thomas Mieslinger, I have
root-caused the failure of chain.c32 in Syslinux 3.85.  I have put out
Syslinux 3.86-pre1 and Syslinux 4.00-pre33 which fix the problem.

I expect to release a Syslinux 3.86 relatively shortly (ideally in the
next two weeks), with bug fixes only.  I would like to figure out if
there are other bug fixes we can get in in reasonable time, but I will
not wait for too long.