[syslinux] ROSH comments

Gert Hulselmans gerth at zytor.com
Sun Mar 7 12:08:43 PST 2010

Gene Cumm wrote:
> 2) Since I release the initial run of code for the directory-related
> functions and 3.x, I had posted a git archive as requested and never
> heard back from anyone again.  This can probably be chalked up to
> "life happens."
>
> 3) I'd like to investigate the completeness of the directory-related
> functions and see about completing them if they are not.  I also have
> an improved version of ROSH (Read-Only SHell) although I still do not
> consider it complete.
>
> -Gene

I tested the dir.c32 module of the Syslinux-4.00-pre versions a lot last
days (FAT16 and FAT32) and found some bugs (which are fixed by hpa). From
Syslinux-4.00-pre35 you get a multicolumn output (filenames and dirnames
only, no filesize or other info).

A new ROSH module for the 4.00 branch would be nice and would make more
sense than spending more time on ROSH in the 3.xx branch.

- Gert Hulselmans