[syslinux] PXELINUX menu is not displayed at start-up

Swati Tiwari its.svati at gmail.com
Thu Mar 11 16:59:58 PST 2010

Hello,

I have the following problem. I am trying to pxeboot a virtual machine using
Sun's Virtualbox. I am trying to experiment with the menu options of
pxelinux and this is my pxelinux.cfg/default file.

 # generated by fai-chboot for host cdbexample with IP 172.16.31.200
default menu.c32
prompt 0
default fai-generated
timeout 300
#ONTIMEOUT local

MENU TITLE PXE Menu

LABEL fai-generated
        MENU LABEL Fai Generated
        kernel vmlinuz-2.6.26-2-amd64
        append initrd=initrd.img-2.6.26-2-amd64 ip=dhcp  root=/dev/nfs
nfsroot=172.16.31.23:/srv/fai/nfsroot boot=live
FAI_FLAGS=verbose,sshd,createvt FAI_ACTION=install

When I start the virtual machine, it is correctly able to identify that it
must read the pxe information from the pxelinux.cfg/default file on the tftp
server. However, no menu is displayed and the installation continues. Could
anyone please help me in getting this menu displayed?

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you very much!

Swati