[syslinux] ISOs + memdisk take long time

Shao Miller Shao.Miller at yrdsb.edu.on.ca
Fri Mar 12 05:51:46 PST 2010

MALTE SIMON wrote:
> ...My problem it take up to 30sec until the ISO is booted

I would guess that your USB transfer is slow.  I would also guess that
your .ISO is 350 MB.  You could look into PLoP, which has been used by
some folks to increase the USB transfer speed, then they return to
Syslinux to take advantage of it while loading something else (such as
your .ISO).  Gert Hulselmans might have some specifics.

How big is your .ISO actually and how long would you expect it to take?
How long does it take to copy from the USB pen-drive to the computer's
HDD on the same computer normally?

- Shao Miller