[syslinux] ISOs + memdisk take long time

Shao Miller Shao.Miller at yrdsb.edu.on.ca
Fri Mar 12 13:06:58 PST 2010

MALTE SIMON wrote:

> My Iso is 72mb it take 15-20 secend to copy it to my hdd and strange
> is that the grub menu in the iso is working but it is not loading any
> files successfull. Any hints how to make my ISOs run?

I don't fully understand your setup.  You have a USB pen-drive.  What is
the first boot-loader is that boots from that pen-drive when you boot
from USB?

Have you tried all the MEMDISK options such as "raw", "bigraw", "int"?

What does "it is not loading any files successfull" mean?  What error
messages do you see?  Who is "it"?  GRUB?  Linux?  PartedMagic?

> I Extracted a BootImage.IMG and a BootCatalog.cat with ISO Buster
> (win) out of the ISO any hint what to do with this?

There are too many possibilities for me to comment on here.  I would
suggest focusing on a single goal at a time, such as, "When I see the
line BLAH as a menu option and press ENTER, I see the line FOOFOO, but I
want to see BLAH starting up."

> I tryed to copy a grub.cfg wich is a changed menu.lst from the ISO
> readable for Grub2 to the iso and

I suggested the GRUB4DOS mailing-list.  Maybe GRUB2 has their own
mailing-list, too.

- Shao Miller