[syslinux] any way to get pxelinux to grab its config file fromanother host?

Mike Coleman tutufan at gmail.com
Fri Mar 12 17:34:54 PST 2010

On Fri, Mar 12, 2010 at 6:15 PM, Mike Coleman <tutufan at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 12, 2010 at 3:10 PM, Shao Miller
> <Shao.Miller at yrdsb.edu.on.ca> wrote:
>> See syslinux/doc/rfc5071.txt to learn about DHCP options 209 and 210.
>>
>> gPXE> set 210:string tftp://other-host/
>> gPXE> chain ${210}pxelinux.0
>>
>> You can also specify DHCP option 210 in the DHCP service, itself.
>
> I pulled down the latest release and figured out how to get gpxelinux
> going, and it works!  With http even!  For some reason the download of
> the kernel and initrd are pretty slow, but I can certainly live with
> that.

Actually, something else that would make life easier would be if there
a way to specify an http url for the pxelinux config file (i.e., the
place where 'default' and all of those more specific files are
sought).  That is, I'm downloading gpxelinux from host A, but I'd like
it to find 'default' at http:/host-B/foo/bar/.  Is this possible using
209/210, or by some other means?

Mike