[syslinux] Req: download timer

Gene Cumm gene.cumm at gmail.com
Tue Mar 16 09:45:04 PDT 2010

On Mon, Mar 15, 2010 at 9:22 PM, Andrew Stuart <andrew at shopcusa.com> wrote:

> I went on to believe that such a com32 module could be helpful for the
> project in general, to judge speed differences between 3.x and 4.x for
> instance..
>
> -Andrew

Well, the lack of a precision timer in the Syslinux COM32 library may
present issues.  The only thing I see is the times() function, which
returns the clock count (around 18.2 ticks per second; I think 55ms
per cycle).  hpa made reference to INT 1Ah in the declaration of this
function however it still only looks at the same data.  There might be
a possibility of accessing the CMOS RTC via INT 70h (at I believe 1024
Hz) but I believe that would require writing and installing an ISR.

Aside from that, it's a simple matter of copying a file, discarding
the data as you go.  Such a COM32 module could be used by any variant.

--
-Gene