[syslinux] Mac OSX Leopard

Andrew Stuart andrew at shopcusa.com
Tue Mar 16 19:05:27 PDT 2010

On 3/16/2010 10:50 AM, Samuel Rios Carvalho wrote:
> People,
>
> I installed Mac OS Leopard in my old computer. Installed perfect, but I want
> to use pxelinux to choose boot to Mac OS. I have options to linux and
> windows in pxelinux options. How can I use to boot Mac OS Leopard?
>
> Samuel Rios Carvalho

Are you talking about a hack-in-tosh? or an old Mac? If a Mac, PPC or Intel?

Are you trying to use PXELINUX to manage your boot? or are you talking
about netbooting / deployment of OS X?

If you are talking about just changing boot order on a hack-in-tosh, you
can use chain.c32 to select the right partition/hdd.

If you are talking about netbooting/deployment, on a Mac PXELINUX is not
going to work (in my experience), Although there was a netboot method
available that didn't require an Apple Server. It consisted of some
third party files, and a dhcp clause. I never did make it work with PPC,
but never tried that hard either.

If we are talking about a newer Mac, I believe PXELINUX needs to grow
EFI support before it will work.

HTH

-Andrew