[syslinux] [gPXE] localboot 0 hang on some machines

Arends, R.R. r.r.arends at hro.nl
Thu Mar 4 04:14:11 PST 2010

Randy and Shao,

In case you missed it there was a recent commit to syslinux, which should make localboot -1 do a int 18h.
So with a newly compiled gpxelinux from the current git you should be able to boot the local disk with "localboot -1" since an int 18h always worked for me.

Shao: not sure what the version exactly was (i think 3.83) but never had it working on all our 6000 workstations.
Always were some machines that didn't like "localboot", so i switched to chain.c32 which worked on all.
But i will try that localboot -1 with a recent version asap.

Commit-ID:  e19346b4cadd51fa16975564d0b459a4cd7e0571

pxelinux: allow "localboot -1" to do INT 18h, just like !pxelinux

Allow "localboot -1" to invoke INT 18h, as it does on other
derivatives.  Perhaps that can help track down systems on which the
normal return path just isn't working.

Regards,

Rene