[syslinux] You're the Top (Boom, boom)

Miller, Shao Shao.Miller at yrdsb.edu.on.ca
Wed Mar 17 15:31:59 PDT 2010

I'll bite on this bait, thanks.

I believe this subject is entirely debatable.

Each and every day whenever I respond to gPXE and Syslinux messages, I
open up my less-pleasant e-mail client, find and reply to the message
I'm interested in, make sure it's as pleasant as possible for readers
(Fixed Width versus Variable Width), correct for any strange spacing
that might have been due to an arrow key, then send it off.  It's an
extremely tedious process, just to please those who have griped about
it.

I prefer top-posting.  I don't snip people's snail-mail up and send it
back to them pasted onto my letter.  I like atomic e-mails where
messages are given in their entirety.  If I need to re-read them, I'll
do so.  I find hunting through the different reply-blocks hard on my
eyes.  With top-posting, I've already read the previous e-mail and it's
safe to ignore down below the fresh new e-mail message with something
new to read.  When hunting through mailing-list archives, I always end
up following all replies and previous posts in the same thread _anyway_,
so by the end I've read everything many times over while looking for the
in- or bottom-posted text.

While we're voicing opinions, that's mine.

- Shao Miller