[syslinux] Dell problems with PXELINUX 3.62

Lindgren Daniel daniel.lindgren at tullverket.se
Mon Mar 22 00:39:52 PDT 2010

> > Nope, tried 1 GB and it still worked with 3.62-pre6 but not later
> > versions.
> >

> Not too sure what to say here...  I could not get the floppy
> image to work with any version of Syslinux, MEMDISK, or even
> GRUB4DOS without Syslinux or MEMDISK at all. :(

Strange, that floppy image has been the base for (literally) thousands
of installations in our environment. Does it work if you try it with a
different model?

I'm wondering if the image has been modified along the way, perhaps some
kind of antivirus? The image file should be 666846 bytes and the md5sum
is 966bd3643d6a428970a492a38f513430.

> If you'd like to, you could 'git bisect' between your
> known-good and known-bad Syslinux versions, testing each
> build, until you know precisely which commit changed the
> behaviour.  I would do this for you, but cannot get the
> floppy image to function with any version, as mentioned.
> Sorry.  I do have access to GX280s if you need to bounce more
> ideas around.

HPA said this when we discovered that 3.62-pre7 is the first version
that doesn't work on my GX280: "Yep, definitely the putting labels in
high memory stuff."

Cheers,
Daniel