[syslinux] INCLUDE is broken in pxelinux/menu.c32 3.85

Mike Coleman tutufan at gmail.com
Wed Mar 24 14:54:06 PDT 2010

I was trying out the INCLUDE command within menu.c32 (via pxelinux,
actually gpxelinux) and noticed that it's broken.  The symptom is that
the text is included, as expected, but the subsequent text from the
including file is wrong.  In some cases it actually pulls from above
the INCLUDE leading to the INCLUDE being reprocessed (an infinite
recursion).  (The recursion seems to stop after 20-30 pulls, so I
guess there's some sort of depth limit.)

I was able to proceed by using a subordinate call to menu, so this
isn't a problem for me now, but thought you might want to know.

Mike