[syslinux] Booting a 135MB Iso file with syslinux fails - version3.85

Miller, Shao Shao.Miller at yrdsb.edu.on.ca
Thu Mar 25 07:57:18 PDT 2010

Good day Stefan,

In regards to your trouble booting MEMDISK with PXELINUX 3.85:

I don't see any evidence of MEMDISK being downloaded in your TFTP
server's log.  Right after pxelinux.cfg/default (your PXELINUX
config-file) is downloaded, I do see a request for "boot.txt".  What is
this file?  Is it a simple file to say hello?  If so, you might try a
more minimal pxelinux.cfg/default to see if there's a typo or other
mistaken directive in there.

An example of a minimal config-file would be to include just what you
sent in your e-mail, with nothing else.

- Shao Miller