[syslinux] Syslinux-4/libutil: console_ansi_std()

H. Peter Anvin hpa at zytor.com
Mon Mar 29 15:24:54 PDT 2010

On 03/29/2010 01:59 PM, Gene Cumm wrote:

> Reading back, I realize that I wasn't specific.  Mode # 20, LF/NLM
> (Line Feed/New Line Mode) is what is deprecated as of the 4th edition
> (1986-12) and all but completely removed in the 5th Edition (1991-06,
> current) and relegated to a footnote in an appendix.
>
> "Implementors are urged to use the control functions CR and LF to
> obtain the results of New Line." -4e

Sorry, I was thinking of mode ?25, visibility of cursor.  That one has a
? in it which makes it a vendor-specific mode.

Anyway, the ANSI engine in libcom32 supports autocr, but ansiserial does
\n -> \r\n conversion unconditionally, and therefore the non-autocr mode
is pretty useless.  Setting the autocr mode termios matches the behavior
of the serial port in ansiserial.