[syslinux] GSoC 2010

J.H. warthog19 at eaglescrag.net
Fri Mar 26 15:39:06 PDT 2010

On 03/26/2010 02:26 PM, Sebastian Herbszt wrote:
> H. Peter Anvin wrote:
>> On 02/11/2010 12:37 PM, J.H. wrote:
>>> Yup, I should probably figure out when the deadlines are as I'm pretty
>>> sure I'm back in the seat as the Project admin.
>>>
>>> I think HPA's got a couple more ideas he would like to see done for
>>> Syslinux, and I've got a couple of ideas that I need to find an umbrella
>>> group for (sadly not network booting related).
>>>
>>> - John 'Warthog9' Hawley
>>
>> I think the start date for organizational applications is March 8.
>>
>> I will need to decide with my manager about Syslinux this year.  It's
>> not clear to me that I will have time to mentor anyone this year, so it
>> probably will depend on how much other Syslinux people are willing to
>> mentor.
>
> How did this discussion with your manager go? Was it possible for the
> project
> to apply?

I think it ended up in the position where there weren't any mentors who
had time, or a specific project they wanted to work on.  If there's
someone who's interested in mentoring we can try and fit a project in
under kernel.org as an umbrella organization, but right now I don't know
of anyone who's stepped forward specifically.

- John 'Warthog9' Hawley