[syslinux] Req

Prof S W Damle swdamle at bsnl.in
Tue Mar 30 16:05:47 PDT 2010

[1}
Gert Hulselmans wrote:

> ...Thanks.
>
> I still think chain.c32 should be able to do a reverse partition
> lookup, to determine from which partition it was booted. This would be

> useful to boot ntldr, setupldr.bin, bootmgr, grldr, ... when you want
> to boot it from the same partition as from which SYSLINUX is booted,
> without specifying the partition explicitly to chain.c32.
>
> Eventually only when a parameter is added like "bootpartition": LABEL
> grub4dos
>    COM32 chain.c32
>    APPEND bootpartition file=/grldr

Ok.  How about this patch[1]?  (Also attached.)  The option is "fs",
meaning the "current" Syslinux booted-from disk and partition (if
applicable).

boot: chain -?
boot: chain fs cmldr=/cmldr
-----
LABEL cmdcons
  COM32 chain.c32
  APPEND fs cmldr=/cmldr

- Shao Miller

[1]
http://git.etherboot.org/?p=people/sha0/syslinux.git;a=commitdiff;h=bf3b
87fac3978d82dba27319ac3650c442959168

[2]
On 30 March 2010 : Miller, Shao Wrote:
I've been very busy and so I apologize.  Please send this request to the
Syslinux mailing-list.  I will try to respond.  - Shao
  _____