[syslinux] Memdisk large IMA file

Bernd Blaauw bblaauw at home.nl
Tue May 4 10:40:28 PDT 2010

Op 4-5-2010 18:56, Matthew Holevinski schreef:
> Does someone know where I could get my hands on an ima that's larger
> than 2.88meg... I use winimage for all my ima's and stuff but i'm
> having trouble configuring a custom size. If anyone has a large ima I
> could utilize that would be great, preferably one fitting this memdisk
> supported size:
>
> 3,932,160 bytes (3840K) c=80 h=2 s=48	3.5"  DSED (extended)

http://www.wolfgang-brinkmann.de/bcdw/images_e.htm  has floppy images up
to 700MB , no idea how they're made, guess someone had fun with some
Linux tools.

WinImage (I bought it, no idea if pro-version only feature) seems to
have a custom filesize option (FILE/NEW/IMPORTED/ SELECT CUSTOM IMAGE
FORMAT). Don't ask me how to use it though.
Memdisk might require you to specify cilinders, heads and sectors when

There might also exist some ancient DOS diskette formatting
tools/programs to create 2.88MB floppy images with supersize.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2M_%28DOS%29 for example