[syslinux] How to set a portrait mode screen using i915 driver?

H. Peter Anvin hpa at zytor.com
Tue May 4 10:47:34 PDT 2010

On 05/04/2010 01:05 AM, SCU Rock wrote:
> I am trying to setup a portrait mode screen. I can see that in 3.85,
> there is an enhancement which allows arbitrary resolutions
> (http://git.kernel.org/?p=boot/syslinux/syslinux.git;a=commitdiff;h=5d4ade0221c2387345d0a82422866bb8b937cb09).
> Can I use this new feature to achieve setting the portrait mode. What
> is the syntax in the config file to set it? Also, is there any other
> vesa driver dependencies?

If with portrait mode you mean a screen that scans vertically rather
than horizontally (as when taking an ordinary screen and rotating it),
no, that is not supported in the current version.

The arbitrary resolution can, however, support horizontally scanned
portrait mode, e.g. "MENU RESOLUTION 480 640".