[syslinux] How to set a portrait mode screen using i915 driver?

SCU Rock scurock at gmail.com
Tue May 4 15:47:51 PDT 2010

Sorry if I did not state my question properly. By referring to graphic
image, I meant to say a disk linux image that would be loaded by the Live CD
isolinux.cfg file. How can I use i915 feature to load the disk image so that
it boots off a portrait display in portrait mode?

The motivation is to run linux on tablets that can be turned into portrait
mode. I think by using i915 feature, I maybe achieve this.

On Tue, May 4, 2010 at 2:47 PM, SCU Rock <scurock at gmail.com> wrote:

> Looks like "MENU RESOLUTION" only changes the screen size/resolution for
> the menu, but not the graphic image loaded afterward. How can I make the
> graphic image loaded to be in portrait mode?

You have to size the image properly.

	-hpa