[syslinux] ISO cd image supported

Bernd Blaauw bblaauw at home.nl
Thu May 13 10:50:26 PDT 2010

Op 13-5-2010 19:29, Matthew Holevinski schreef:
> Well It appears to work, it must just be my iso...

yeah only real mode is supported (usually just DOS thus) as bootable
ISO. Anything switching to protected mode, 32bit drivers or whatever
will loose access to the memdisk/ramdisk ISO contents.
Linux distributions usually allow working with an ISO through having the
Linux kernel and some InitRD (initial ramdisk) which contains drivers
and scripts to mount the ISO, then actually access the contents of that ISO.

I guess your ERD ISO is based on some WindowsPE or Linux distribution.