[syslinux] syslinux can't read the configuration file on USB

Matthew Holevinski eylusion at gmail.com
Sun May 16 15:15:41 PDT 2010

I think i've had this problem before, goto a vista machine or find a
vista version of disk part and diskpart it.

diskpart
select disk 1(assuming 1 is the thumbdrive)
clean (wipes out the partition tables)
create partition primary
format fs=fat32 quick
assign
active
exit

Now your usb thumbdrive should be bootable
after you syslinux -ma {thumbdrive letter}

Have fun bud.

Matt