[syslinux] Can't get COM32 + GDB to work

Don Hiatt donhiatt at gmail.com
Thu May 20 13:16:13 PDT 2010

On Thu, May 20, 2010 at 1:04 PM, H. Peter Anvin <hpa at zytor.com> wrote:
> On 05/20/2010 10:54 AM, Don Hiatt wrote:

>>> I tend to use Bochs to debug the low-level core.  For the modules, I
>>> mostly use dprintf() with "-serial stdio" in Qemu.
>>>
>>>        -hpa
>>>
>> I typically use prints as well, but I was hoping to find an easy way
>> to track down
>> a memory corruption I'm seeing in my ext2fslib port.
>>

> Break- and watchpoints set in Bochs are definitely more reliable than
> Qemu.  It might also be worthwhile to try both Qemu and KVM.
>
> Now I'm obviously rather curious about your ext2fslib port ;)
>
>        -hpa

I'll give Bochs a try then, thanks.

I have the latest e2fsprogs integrated as a library that can be used
from com32 applications (it's not hooked in to core or anything). I
can read directories and files. I'm adding writing support but noticed
that when I load the block/inode bitmaps future reads are corrupt.
Currently there are a lot of hacks (like a hard coded open of first
drive) but it's a start. If you are interested I can put together a
tar-ball of what I have so far. There are lots of places that needs
work but it's a start.

Cheers,

don