[syslinux] pxelinux magic options 208

Daniel Feenberg feenberg at nber.org
Mon Nov 8 11:41:07 PST 2010

On Mon, 8 Nov 2010, Miller, Shao wrote:

> Good day Daniel,
>
> Thank you for sharing your ICS DHCP daemon config-file.
>
> Please add the following line to your global section, immediately
> following your PXELINUX option definitions "paragraph":
>
>  site-option-space "pxelinux";
>
> Thank you.
>
> - Shao Miller

I added that, but there was no change in behavior - the configfile option
is still ignored.

But I take it from your response that you think the request-list option is
not required anymore? And that ISC dhcpd should be able to do this?

So the current configuration is:

=====================================
option space pxelinux;
option pxelinux.configfile code 209 = text;
site-option-space "pxelinux";

group {
       next-server 66.251.72.1;
       filename "pxelinux384.0";
       option root-path "66.251.72.44:/vol/vol1c/FreeBSD-8.1-root";

option pxelinux.configfile "bsddefault";
host client2   {fixed-address 66.251.73.20;hardware ethernet 0:13:20:4c:7d:08;}
}