[syslinux] pxechn.c32: Status

Gene Cumm gene.cumm at gmail.com
Tue Nov 9 17:54:40 PST 2010

On Tue, Nov 9, 2010 at 12:08, H. Peter Anvin <hpa at zytor.com> wrote:
> On 11/07/2010 06:16 PM, Gene Cumm wrote:
>>
>> As crazy as it sounds I could see the possibility of having the nbp,
>> config, and prefix all pointing in different directions (if PXELINUX
>> can/will handle this).
>>

> By specifying 209 and 210 explicitly it most definitely can.
>
> I think don't think calling the option --209 is very user-friendly, though.

I agree.  I was only mentioning it as a quick possible long-style option.

If I'm reading the PXE Spec document correctly, I should be able to
patch packet #3 myself as long as the buffer limit is not exceeded.

I'm also thinking about a way (after the normally relevant stuff
already mentioned is complete, tested and ready for release) to
specify an arbitrary option (in case something else is wanted down the
road that's not anticipated for a particular NBP), ie -o ##$xxxxx
where ## is the option number, $ is a separator specifying format
(uint16, uint32, IPv4 address, string, etc) and xxxxx is the data.

--
-Gene