[syslinux] Change message after timeout

Gene Cumm gene.cumm at gmail.com
Thu Nov 11 06:02:26 PST 2010

On Thu, Nov 11, 2010 at 08:20, Muhammad Ammar <mammar at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>

> I have successfully configure the PXE and its working fine, the problem is
> that after timeout in the following msg
>
>     Automatic boot in # second

I assume you're using PXELINUX and menu.c32/vesamenu.c32, correct?

> the screen stuck/hang there showing the above message or the menu if we
> choose to selection from menu until image is loaded from network.

Do you have the keyword quiet in your global or LABEL-specific APPEND?
 I'm guessing yes.  If so, this is by design.

> So, is there any way we can display another message after timeout.
> I tried MENU CLEAR and SAY Loading image from network ...
> but message is displayed even before the Automatic boot in # second.

Not to my knowledge.  SAY is executed by the core while
reading/paesing the config file only.  You could wrie a COM32 module
that displays a message then executes a command line (like the
ifXXX.c32 and cmd.c32 modules).

--
-Gene