[syslinux] troubleshoot DHCP

Gene Cumm gene.cumm at gmail.com
Mon Nov 15 09:09:41 PST 2010

On Mon, Nov 15, 2010 at 10:07, Ercolino de spiacico
<bellocarico at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hello, is there any way to display information in the menu.c32 such as IP address and
> option received from DHCP server?

At this time, no.  Altering vesamenu.c32/menu.32 to be able to present
that information is possible.  It would probably be easier at this
time to create another COM32 module that displays this information.

With my work on a PXE Chainload COM32 module, I already have some code
collected for this purpose as I'm using it to visually debug the data
I'm examining/creating.  Not all of the data is in a nice format but
it's all there if you know how to interpret the data (integer, dotted
decimal, string, etc) from hex bytes.  It might be better to have a
module that displays environment information regardless of the variant
showing 1-3 lines of info normally and more with a verbose argument..

That said, hdt.c32 will currently present some of this information.

--
-Gene