[syslinux] Chainloading / Nested PXELINUX

Warren Turkal wt at 8x8.com
Tue Nov 16 13:03:15 PST 2010

On Mon, Nov 15, 2010 at 14:58, H. Peter Anvin <hpa at zytor.com> wrote:

> Any reason to not just use a submenu (see the documentation for MENU
> INCLUDE).

I can answer this from my perspective.

I would like to be able to dump in Ubuntu's new releases into my menu
without modifying them. I'd like to just say load the boot menu from a
certain directory, but I cannot do that right now. Instead I have to create
my own menus if I want them integrated with my other menu options.

Part of this is due to the fact that the menu files use absolute paths and
there isn't a convenient way to change the base path. The other part is that
ubuntu now use vesamenu.c32 instead of the normal menu, and they don't seem
to mix well.

Thanks,
wt