[syslinux] troubleshoot DHCP

Gene Cumm gene.cumm at gmail.com
Tue Nov 16 18:02:45 PST 2010

On Tue, Nov 16, 2010 at 20:40, Liu Aleaxander <aleaxander at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 17, 2010 at 9:01 AM, Ercolino de spiacico
> <bellocarico at hotmail.com> wrote:
>> ctrl-n sends me to the next voice in the menu (like arrow down)
>>
>> Am I doing the right thing?
>
> Try to do it in the command line interface:)

To help with getting to the command line interface, use "UI menu.c32"
and not "DEFAULT menu.c32" with a short TIMEOUT (ie, 1).  (Just in
case you have difficulty) as DEFAULT with a short TIMEOUT gives you
little or no time to do anything at the boot: prompt before menu.c32
is restarted.

Another idea is to not load menu.c32 in the first place if you're
having difficulty and you should see some of this data already..  I've
affected single clients with MAC-specific configs and INCLUDEs.

--
-Gene