[syslinux] pxelinux 4.03 taking forever to find .../pxelinux.cfg/default

Doug Scoular dscoular at gmail.com
Wed Nov 17 13:15:03 PST 2010

Hi All,
It appears the NetApp OnTap tftp server we were using doesn't
implement the "OpCode: Error Code (5); Error Code: File not found (1)"
response." so we just moved the tftp service to RHEL boxes running HPA
tftpd.

It's essential for our deployment system to locate the pxelinux config
specific to an installation request based on it's MAC address. If the
MAC based file is not present in the pxelinux.cfg directory we present
the default config file which contains an extensive menu system. It
all works wonderfully well.

The limitation was, I fear, on the NetApp implementation of their tftp
server and unrelated to pxelinux.

Cheers,

Doug

--

The big print giveth and the small print taketh away.