[syslinux] Trouble with Superfloppy format

Gilles Espinasse g.esp at free.fr
Thu Nov 18 03:47:18 PST 2010

Selon Sven Geggus <lists at fuchsschwanzdomain.de>:

> Gilles Espinasse <g.esp at free.fr> wrote:
>
> > I don't know what is your exact model reference, AOA110 or AOA150?
>
> AOA150
>
> > What is your bios version.
>
> 3309

I find what is fixed from 3309 to 3310.
Should be described there
http://macles.blogspot.com/p/acer-aspire-one-bios.html
A priori, no reason to upgrade related to your issue.

> > What image did you try to boot?
>
> My custom Linux Kernel and initrd. But thats not the Problem here because
> I'm unable to get to a syslinux prompt thus the problem is with syslinux
> already.
>
> If I do the following:
> mkdosfs -I /dev/sdb
> syslinux -i /dev/sdb
>
> This will not work on the Aspire one (at least) but will work fine on
> another laptop I checked.

If it is custom build, you could test with the other ways to make to a bootable
usb-key.
I have used the 3 flavors (FDD,HDD,ZIP). You could find the receipt at
http://ipcop.cvs.sourceforge.net/viewvc/ipcop/ipcop/lfs/usb-key?revision=1.1.2.4&view=markup&pathrev=IPCOP_v1_4_0
This is a Makefile script

Maybe you could too test with syslinux-3.84 to verify it is not a v4 issue?
Or test isohybrid from 4.0.3 if you have an iso to boot from.

Gilles