[syslinux] New 'quiet' behavior - optional?

Gene Cumm gene.cumm at gmail.com
Tue Nov 23 14:20:20 PST 2010

On Tue, Nov 23, 2010 at 15:08, Lucas De Marchi
<lucas.demarchi at profusion.mobi> wrote:
> I think it'd be great if we could separate the 'quiet' command for
> Linux and for syslinux. Moreover, if we have a 'quiet' command for
> syslinux, would it be possible to turn off the Copyright message?

With regards to the banner, which includes the copyright, it is
written before the config is loaded.  It serves as notice to a user
that bootloader itself is fully loaded and ready to start.  There have
been multiple requests for turning it off.  I believe the current
standing is that it will not be turned off in the pre-compiled
binaries.  You can always edit the source and turn it off but you'll
be supporting it entirely on your own.

That said, an easy workaround is to load a UI that overwrites that
portion of the screen.  There was a discussion in the last few months
about trying to make it look like it's silent to the user when things
move fast enough.

--
-Gene