[syslinux] pxelinux.cfg/C0A80146 unable to load configuration file

Gene Cumm gene.cumm at gmail.com
Tue Nov 23 14:48:38 PST 2010

On Tue, Nov 23, 2010 at 10:05, Aaron Luo <luotanke at 163.com> wrote:
> Hi Peter,
>
> i am a netboot user of Linux platform. right now, i got a problem.
> after establishment a new pxe server, the clients boot from the network. and i just do some experiment of reboot on the clients. but i am surprise of the clients booting failure after several cycles. and i got the info of the clients can not download the config file, such as:
> Trying to load: pxelinux.cfg/01-00-14-22-a1-53-85
> Trying to load: pxelinux.cfg/C0A80146
> Trying to load: pxelinux.cfg/C0A8014
> Trying to load: pxelinux.cfg/C0A801
> Trying to load: pxelinux.cfg/C0A80
> Trying to load: pxelinux.cfg/C0A8
> Trying to load: pxelinux.cfg/C0A
> Trying to load: pxelinux.cfg/C0
> Trying to load: pxelinux.cfg/C
> Trying to load: pxelinux.cfg/default
>
> I am sure the file of *C0A80146* exist under /tftpboot/pxelinux.cfg. but why the clients can not download this cfg file?
> can you help me to figure that?

What version are you using?  I assume you have your pxelinux.0 file on
your tftp server at /tftpboot/pxelinux.0 and that it does not wait 10
- 60 seconds between each of the above messages.  Is this correct?

1) Try a tftp client from within a full OS to test fetching your files.

2) Check file/directory permissions.

--
-Gene