[syslinux] Useful Info about Dell latitude E5510

Cockburn, Beau beau.cockburn at st-clair.net
Wed Nov 24 08:19:11 PST 2010

Hi H. Peter Anvin,

I wanted to thank you for sharing information about PXE, I have used
this a lot and I wanted to share something that may be important for you
and your readers.

I have many different Dell model, they all worked well with PXE booting
however not for E5510. I noticed that using "LocalBoot -1 or 0" doesn't
work well. What I did use for Latitude E5510 (Bios A06) was same to
"LOCALBOOT on IBM x3850 X5"

COM32 Chain.c32

Append hd0 0

Not "Append hd0"

It works and boots to local disk without any problems.

Thanks

Beau Cockburn

Computer Technician

St Clair Catholic District School Board.