[syslinux] Useful Info about Dell latitude E5510

Gene Cumm gene.cumm at gmail.com
Fri Nov 26 04:25:43 PST 2010

On Thu, Nov 25, 2010 at 15:31, Cockburn, Beau
<beau.cockburn at st-clair.net> wrote:
> Hi Gene,
>
> 1 - Well I could try join the list. :)
>
> 2 - Yes pre-complied 4.03
>
> After reading your comment about the Append hd0, I checked my laptop again and discovered something new myself. It doesn't work if you left USB stick in it. :)  Even thought I didn't include USB as part of boot list. It will give me error "Remove any media and restart..."  So now both HD0 and HD0 0 will work on E5510 as long as you don't stick any USB sticks in it.

That gives me some tests to try Monday.  I just hope that the E6410
and E5510 are similar enough in their BIOS.

This sounds to me that there's a bug in the BIOS (main or the PXE
option ROM; both are integrated to the same chip and same upgrade
application).  Is the USB stick bootable?  Have you noticed differing
results with bootable versus non-bootable USB sticks?

--
-Gene

"No one ever says, 'I can't read that ASCII(plain text) e-mail you sent me.'"