[syslinux] Multi boot device choice : linux - dos

MONDON Daniel Daniel.MONDON at lpgtechnologies.com
Fri Nov 26 07:00:26 PST 2010

>If a USB CD drive is seen behind the hub and fully bootable, this
>might be your best bet.  Another idea is temporarily swap out the
>internal USB key for the one you want to attach externally.

The USC CD is a solution ... with material and work to do the CD, more
than with only and as simply as an USB key. Perhaps the only good
solution for the problem.

I remember you I can't see the external usb key to boot behind the hub,
needed for keyboard for BIOS parameters :(

As the external USB key can be seen (without hub), I wish I can chose it
with chain(.c32). now, I don't know how the second usb key is seen.

>I'm assuming this machine does not have any PS/2 ports (or other ports
>dedicated for keyboard/mouse).  What's the brand/model as this is an
>unusual situation?
Of course not.

I am on a panel PC witch is plugged on a machine.
On the opened machines I have in my office, I can do every thing.
I don't want to open the 2000 others machines...

Thanks!

Daniel.