[syslinux] Syslinux 4.03-pre4 - Release Candidate

Michal Soltys soltys at ziu.info
Fri Oct 8 16:31:52 PDT 2010

On 10-10-08 23:31, H. Peter Anvin wrote:
> Trying to get at least my backlog of bug fixes out... I'm hoping to do a
> 4.03 next week.  Please help by:
>
> a) giving it a whirl;
> b) letting me know if I have missed any low-risk bugfixes.

Hmmm, from small things in chain.c, in functions reading/writing
sectors, two highest bits of the cylinder seem to not be set properly
(during lba->chs conversion), basically:

-       inreg.ecx.b[0] = s + (c >> 6);
+       inreg.ecx.b[0] = ((c >> 2) & 0xc0u) | s;

git://git.hasevolq.net/syslinux.git masterdev

(I have this inside disklibdev branch too, although with other changes
and stuff).