[syslinux] Syslinux 4.03-pre4 - Release Candidate

Gene Cumm gene.cumm at gmail.com
Fri Oct 8 18:02:47 PDT 2010

uOn Fri, Oct 8, 2010 at 17:31, H. Peter Anvin <hpa at zytor.com> wrote:
> Trying to get at least my backlog of bug fixes out... I'm hoping to do a
> 4.03 next week.  Please help by:
>
> a) giving it a whirl;
> b) letting me know if I have missed any low-risk bugfixes.
>
> Gene: I did not include your UI branch in this release, because it made
> me a bit nervous... poke me on IRC when you have a chance.

I can understand being nervous about this considering the criticality
of the context.

The only thing I didn't consider immediately but thought of later is
creating a PM function to at least switch to using UI or DEFAULT and
possibly setting/correcting and then a COM32 module to use this
function.

(for reminder: my UI branch stored both UI and DEFAULT but would
switch from using UI to DEFAULT on certain guaranteed failure
conditions.  current behavior only uses UI if present, regardless of
failures).

--
-Gene