[syslinux] [syslinux:disklib] disklib: make CHS calculation match core/fs/diskio.c

H. Peter Anvin hpa at zytor.com
Thu Oct 14 08:53:42 PDT 2010

On 10/14/2010 02:42 AM, Michal Soltys wrote:
> On 10-10-14 02:40, H. Peter Anvin wrote:
>>
>> Ideally, the code should be merged as closely as possible with
>> core/fs/diskio.c, with the goal of making the diskio.c the *only* code
>> in Syslinux 5.
>
> So in context of v5 - completely remove disklib, or keep it as a small
> as-necessary wrapper around ./core/fs/diskio.c (for sake of com32
> modules) ?

It will depend on what makes sense.  I have the idea of actually
supporting opening raw disks with "open" for Syslinux 5, but it might
not be feasible ... and even then it might be desirable to have a
compatibility wrapper.

*However*, the core diskio code will need to be expanded to understand
partitions, so a lot of the code currently in disklib should be possible
to merge into the new core.